Monday, July 9, 2012

Nearly four months have gone by since my last post and there are many updates to share.  I feel guilty that I post most frequently when we are challenged with disappointment.  Fortunately, this time I have blessings to report.

We weren't dealt a crappy card in March as it had seemed.  In fact after four blood draws, my HCG levels finally did what they were supposed to do and shot through the roof!  We were pregnant!  After a full year (almost to the day) of trying for Baby #2 we were finally successful.  There was a baby to be had and we were counting our blessings.  I have to admit though, at nearly 23 weeks pregnant, I am still holding my breath.  At this point we have had nearly a dozen ultrasounds, the first tri-mester screening, the integrated risk assessment, and the anatomy scan, all looks perfectly on course for us and Baby Boy Kennedy....or Baby G as I like to call him.  That's right, it's a boy, and the G is the first initial of his first name (at least this month it is)!  I like to say that I knew it immediately and never wavered on the sex but John needed confirmation from not one, but two doctors before he believed it.

We are on course for a November 2 scheduled c-section with Dr. Lima (I hope).  Baby G is an active little man and has made certain that this pregnancy is no walk in the park...but I refuse to complain at the risk of sounding ungrateful.  Generally I feel good...and that's all you really need to know.

Miss Maggie is thrilled to death at the prospect of being a "big, huge, sister".  She rubs my belly, talks to him, hugs him, etc...I can only hope that when he finally arrives that she is just as excited.

Until then...I will try to do better at keeping you updated.  Thanks for reading...

Maggie's Mama and now Baby G's too!

No comments:

Post a Comment